Seachange Lifestyle Resorts Arundel recently hosted a presentation dinner for the annual Inter Resort Bowls Challenge tournament where Arundel resident cook Peter Kennedy, baked over 200 Apple Strudels for a dessert course.
The Apple Strudel was definitely a hit amongst guests and residents so Peter has kindly shared his recipe with us so we can all make this delicious dessert over the colder winter months.
1 kilo apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sultanas
1 sheet Pampas Puff Pastry
Icing sugar for dusting
1) Slice up 1 kilo of apples
2) Place sliced apples in a pot with a teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 a cup of sugar and 1/2 a cup of sultanas. Cook until tender then slightly thicken stewed apple with 1 tablespoon of cornflour.
3) Cut 1 sheet of puff pastry in half and place stewed apple on bottom sheet.
4) Place other half of pastry sheet on top of apple, seal sides and slash top piece.
5) Place on baking tray with grease proof paper and bake in oven for about 20 minutes at 220 degrees.
6) Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy with custard or ice-cream!
If you have a Winter Warmer recipe that you would like to share with us, email: firstname.lastname@example.org